Race. Run. Walk. Show Poverty the Finish Line
Runners, walkers, kids, and furry friends are all invited to join Concern Worldwide on Saturday, April 1, for a fun 4-mile loop around Central Park!
On a mission to end extreme poverty - whatever it takes - Concern Worldwide responds to emergencies and develops innovative solutions to ensure the most vulnerable communities across 25 countries access the opportunities and choices essential to long, healthy, and creative lives.
When you sign up as an individual, start a team, or join one, every step you take with friends, family, and colleagues during the Concern Worldwide Spring Run supports Concern’s global humanitarian efforts.
Are you ready to turn your concern into action and help us show extreme poverty the finish line?
Whether you are a runner searching for your next PR or you're looking forward to a Saturday stroll in the park, all paces, ages and pets are welcome!
See images of the 2023 Spring Run in our Facebook album.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is this a competitive race?
This event is for everyone! For our participants looking to hit their next PR or are in training, this event will be timed by Elitefeats with race results and finish line photos available online and via text. Participants are also welcome to walk with friends, families and furry friends. This race is for all paces!
2. Is this a kid-friendly event?
Yes! Kids of all ages are invited to join us (strollers welcome). Race awards will be presented to the first and second place junior participants in the following categories: Under 10 and Under 18.
3. Can I pick up my bib and t-shirt ahead of time?
Yes! We invite you to pick up these items on Friday, March 31 (10am-5pm), at the Concern Worldwide office (355 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10017).
4. How can I get more involved?
- Sponsor – think your company would consider sponsorship? Please contact Marisa Maltese Dunnan, Events Director, for more information: [email protected]
- Raffle – have sporting tickets, a vacation home or other retail connections? Please contact Arzow Azizi, Development Coordinator, to donate an item: [email protected]
- Volunteer – prefer to be more hands on? Please contact us to volunteer with pre-event tasks or join us on site: [email protected]
5. Is my donation tax deductible?
Concern Worldwide U.S., Inc is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. All donations are fully tax deductible. Registrations are tax deductible with the exception of $20 to cover event costs.
102nd East Street & East Drive
New York, NY 10029, USA
Saturday, April 1, 2023
8:00 AM ET