If all children acquired basic reading skills, an estimated 171 million people could break the cycle of extreme poverty. Concern’s work is grounded in the belief that all children have a right to a quality education, and with your help we act on that belief every day.
- 244 million children around the world are missing out on their basic right to education.
- of refugee children are denied access to their basic primary education.
- 51 percent of countries around the world have yet to achieve gender parity in the classroom.
- 129 million girls around the world are missing out on the basic right of an education.
- 2 million people reached last year through our education programs and projects.
- 520 children in northern Syria returned to the classroom following school rehabilitation.
- 123,000 girls in Kenya reached with program designed to improve matriculation rates.
- 4,600 Community Education Committee members trained in Somalia across 658 schools.
Support Our Vital Work
And that’s just in one year.
For every dollar donated to Concern, $0.93 goes directly into our life-saving programs in 25 of the world’s most vulnerable countries. Your tax-deductible gift makes you part of a vital community that enables us to reach over 1 million people each year with innovative education solutions.