Our livelihoods and financial empowerment programs address underlying problems experienced by people trying to earn a living while also dealing with the root causes of extreme poverty.
- 70 percent of refugees live in host communities with a restricted right to work.
- 124 million increase in global poverty due to COVID -- undoing all progress since 2016.
- 33.5 percent of employed women in low-income countries live on less than $1.90 per day.
- 200 million people estimated to be unemployed by the beginning of 2022.
- 5.2 million people reached in 23 countries last year via our livelihoods programs.
- 60,200 conflict-affected farmers in Syria received livelihoods support.
- 34,500 across 22 villages in the DRC reached last year via our Graduation program.
- 24,000 in South Sudan provided with cash transfers and food support.
And that’s just in one year.
For every dollar donated to Concern, $0.93 goes directly into our life-saving programs in 25 countries. Your tax-deductible gift makes you part of a vital community that enables us to improve the livelihoods of over 2.6 million people each year.