Donor-Advised Funds, IRAs, Trusts, & Stock

Gifts of donor-advised funds, IRAs, trusts, stock, bonds, or mutual funds support our work around the world and benefit you as a donor.

Mother and child in the mother and baby room at the Concern Worldwide Nutrition Clinic in a POC in Juba, South Sudan

Giving through a managed account like a donor-advised fund (DAF), individual retirement account (IRA), or trust can offer maximum tax benefits. More importantly, it can offer maximum humanitarian and development benefits. Learn more about all three options below or jump directly to instructions on how to support Concern from your DAF, IRA, or trust.

Support Concern, Your Way

At Concern, we believe that the end of poverty is possible within our lifetimes. You can be a part of it. Join our global community of humanitarians committed to creating a future where everyone can exercise their right to a decent standard of living; access the opportunities essential to a long, healthy, and creative life; and be treated with dignity and respect.

We’re happy to  help facilitate annual or recurring disbursements from your DAF, IRA, or living trust. How you make your gift is flexible. You can choose based on the kind of tax savings that you want most or the areas of our work most important to you. However you give, your impact remains the same.

Where Your Support Goes

No matter how you give, your generous gift will help Concern reach 36 million people each year in many of the world’s most vulnerable, fragile, and hardest-to-reach communities, and partner with them to break the cycle of extreme poverty through various interventions. These include:

Getting Started

If you intend to request a gift to Concern from your DAF, IRA, trust, or stock, please use our legal name, federal tax ID, and address:

Concern Worldwide US, Inc.
Federal Tax ID No. 13-3712030
355 Lexington Avenue Fl. 16
New York, NY 10017

Questions? Ready to make a gift? Please contact us at [email protected].

Woman watering her garden

Donor-Advised Fund (DAF)

Donor-advised funds allow donors to make a charitable contribution (including cash and stock), receive an immediate tax deduction, and then recommend grants from the fund over time to the organizations they wish to support.

The benefit of this model is that donors immediately receive the maximum tax deduction as allowed by the IRS. Once the donation is made to the fund, its value can increase — tax-free. Other positive aspects of DAFs include low overheads, maximum available tax deductions and flexibility with grants.

You can easily set up a donor-advised fund through your local community foundation or financial institution. Contact either to learn more about their options. You can also consult the National Philanthropic Trust.

Woman working in field

Individual Retirement Account (IRA)

If you are 70½ years old or older, you can give up to $100,000 from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to Concern Worldwide US in what is known as a charitable rollover or qualified charitable distribution (QCD). Your gift will be immediately turned into impact, while also reducing your annual taxable income.

An individual retirement plan or IRA is often your largest asset that generates a taxable income when paid to a beneficiary. The tax benefits of a QCD from your IRA remain in place whether or not you itemize your deductions, and the rollover gift can satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution.

Elderly woman posing with garment over her head


With a trust (also known as a charitable lead trust or charitable lead unitrust), you can support Concern’s work without giving up any assets that you’d like to keep in your family. A charitable lead trust contributes a fixed amount to Concern each year; a charitable lead unitrust contributes a variable amount based on the value of assets (such as cash, real estate, stock, or securities)  in your trust.

A man next to a tree

Gifts Of Stock

Donating your appreciated stock has the dual benefit of providing timely and critical support to Concern, while also offering you smart financial planning options:

  • If you own appreciated stock and sell it, you generally have to pay capital gains tax on that value increase. But if you donate the stock to Concern Worldwide US, you skip this tax.
  • If you’ve owned the appreciated stock for more than 1 year and itemize deductions on your tax return, you may be able to take a charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the stock.

As always, when making tax decisions it’s advised to consult your tax professional.